- Yoga 3D – an interactive DVD by Anna Ashby with detailed explanations of key poses.
- Light On Yoga by B. K. S. Iyengar – the yoga asana bible by one of the legendary teachers credited with bringing yoga to the West.
- The Breathing Book by Donna Farhi – an explanation of common breathing patterns and simple exercises to connect to optimum natural breath.
- Everyone Try Yoga by Victoria Woodhall and Jonathan Sattin – an overview of various different yoga styles and questions newcomers to yoga may ask. It includes a contribution from Lucy on the Eight Limbs of Yoga (Ashtanga) as given by Patanjali. Click here to read it.
- yogajournal.com – a resource of exhaustive proportions.
Meditation and Philosophy:
- The Wisdom of Yoga DVD series by Carlos Pomeda – Carlos gives a brilliant philosophical and historical context for modern-day yoga practice, drawing directly on the key texts of the yoga tradition.
- Meditation for the Love of It by Sally Kempton – Sally is an inspirational teacher of meditation. You can download an audio introduction to meditation on her website here.
- The Yoga Tradition by Georg Feuerstein – a helpful and extensive guide to the many traditions of yoga.