- Yoga 3D – an interactive DVD by Anna Ashby with detailed explanations of key poses.
- Light On Yoga by B. K. S. Iyengar – the yoga asana bible by one of the legendary teachers credited with bringing yoga to the West.
- The Breathing Book by Donna Farhi
- Everyone Try Yoga by Victoria Woodall and Jonathan Sattin – an overview of various different yoga styles and questions newcomers to yoga may ask.
Meditation, Philosophy and History:
- India, A Sacred Geography by Diana L. Eck
- A Student’s Guide to the History and Philosophy of Yoga by Peter Connolly
- Yoga Body, the Origins of Modern Posture Practice by Mark Singleton
- Roots of Yoga, translated, edited and introduced by James Mallinson and Mark Singleton
- The Wisdom of Yoga DVD series by Carlos Pomeda
- Meditation for the Love of It by Sally Kempton